I had a brilliant start to the New Year when I found out that the lovely Evie from Pendle Stitches had chosen me as one of her nominees for the One Lovely Blog/Very Inspiring Blogger Award! It's my very first nomination for a blog award so caused much excitement!
UPDATE! I had this post all scheduled to be published when I discovered Sonja from Ginger Makes has also nominated me for this award! So exciting! I'd already chosen Sonja as one of my nominees and have decided to leave this as it is, mainly because it took me SOOO long to choose 10 in the first place!
I'm also very excited about completing the tasks listed below linked to receiving said award!
Thank you so much Evie for nominating me and making me feel even more welcomed into the wonderful blogging community than I already did. It's my aim to connect with more people through the blog and twitter e.t.c this year and already I am feeling so much more positive about it thanks to you! I'm so glad Vicki Kate introduced me to your blog with the Christmas sewing swap. I love reading it and seeing your creations!
UPDATE! And thank you also so much to Sonja! Yours was one of the first blogs I started reading and one of those that really inspires my creativity with your style, fabric and pattern choices. I love reading your blog and it's so exciting for my blog to get it's second ever award nomination from the other side of the Atlantic!
For anyone who may be interested here's 7 things you may not have known about me:
- I'd secretly like to be good enough to be a contest on the Great British Bake Off...
- I have a little sister and little brother (though I think little is probably not the word anymore! They both appear to be taller than me in this picture from my cousin's wedding last year...)
- I did ballet up until the age of 17
- I was born missing a number of my fingers
- My favourite place in the world is Dartmoor in Devon
- I love historical novels, especially those by Philippa Gregory and Alison Weir
- I wish I'd started sewing my own clothes earlier!
And now onto my own nominees, whose blogs you should all read if you don't already! In no particular order:
- Dibs and The Machine
- Did You Make That
- Ozzy Blackbeard
- Pincushion Treats
- Ginger Makes
- House of Pinheiro
Thank you to all these talented ladies for entertaining me with your experiences on my journeys to and from work, for making me laugh out loud, for making my jaw drop at your creations, for your kindness and generosity and for generally making me want to buy far too many patterns when I see the lovely things you've made from them!